Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Mute birds, tired of repeating yesterdays terrors, huddle together in the recesses of dark corners. Veils of darkness shroud the blackened trees, which, contorted by some unseen violence, shred their weary leaves, and bend in the mist-filled wind. The cataract of the night forms fully as the world weeps in sorrow, giving its condolences to pity itself over the vehement evil that conquers without warning. Soon, nothing is evident and recognized in the dead forest but death itself, this haunting martyr of a planet becoming a grave resident of the unseen universe that shamefully bears its existence.

Lord Anarcus was going to make a global HoloNet broadcast to the entire galaxy, one that would announce the return of the Unholy Alliance.

Crawl from the wreckage one more time.
Horrific memory twists the mind.
Dark, rutted, cold and hard to turn.
Path of destruction feel it burn.

Still life… incarnation.
Still life… infamy.

Hallucination.
Heresy.
Still you run, what’s to come, what’s to be.

Cause we...
Hunt you down without mercy
Hunt you down all nightmare long
Feel us breathe upon your face
Feel us shift, every move we trace

What beautiful cause the Dark Side had for such an amassment of rocks, it was unknown and unjudged, leaving naught but it's abhorrent aura to emerge upward and trace it's territorial marks, wandering aimlessly throughout the land. The once-tranquil forest now lay without honor, ensembles of flowers uselessly bled their magnificence upon the deadened ground below, shriveling as if shedding tears to accent their demise.

Luck. Runs. Out.
You crawl back in,
But your luck runs out.

Luck. Runs. Out.

The light that is not light is here
To flush you out with your own fear
You hide, you hide but will be found
Release your grip without a sound

Still life… immolation.
Still life… infamy.

Hallucination.
Heresy.
Still you run, what’s to come, what’s to be.

Cause we...

It was a wicked world, one that should not be rivaled with any form of malevolence, beyond the shallow classification of 'evil'. Whatever means of which that dared to define the mere agonizing transformation of this planet could never truly find any assimilation of letters to fathom, nor to verbalize the mass destructive trial this bitter planet was forced to undergo. The Sith felt nothing but comfortably numb power emitting off Ziost, the planet of the dead. The normal warmth of the sunrise was twisted in irony, an icy sun with a chilling glow, distorting to the complete antithesis of peace.

Luck. Runs. Out.
You crawl back in, but your luck runs out.

Then you crawl back in,
Into your obsession.
Never to return.
This is your confession.

Frost slowly descended from the moon, weaving inwards throughout the cryptic crowns of trees, desperately attempting to infect the forest's level through the endlessly haunting and boundless canopy. The shadows stretched narrowly across the ground swayed in unity, nothing more than phantom puppets of the moon, portraying the appeal of skeletal hands drowning the Sith in presence. Yet, terror had it's limits, unlike the Dark Side. Adaption to living nightmares came as mandatory for the Sith, so whatever agonizingly evil ghosts of planets to Jedi would pass on as nothing but an ideal throne to those of such stature. His evident body figure rocked gently in a steady beat, the disruptive random waving of the ebony cloak shattering any form of rhythm in his stride. An awkward form of comfort came to the trees, whispering in the form of howling wind, while Dagon was yet passing. His walk was sure, and as this pseudonym of a disguise masked any shred of appearance, it boldened his ideal of becoming nothing more than a mere shadow, one that was closing in on the unfinished Temple.

Luck. Runs. Out.
You crawl back in, but your luck runs out.
Your luck runs out.

"This is Lord Anarcus, Dark Hierarch and prophet. From this day forth, the Unholy Alliance will return to its former glory and rule the galaxy. The Sith have proven to incompetent to rule - now we, the true masters of the Darkside, shall crush the Jedi with an iron fist. Any and all Sith who want to end the charade of following the so-called 'Dark Lord' and want to know the true glory of the Darkside, come and join us. The Jedi have slept in peace long enough. Now we shall their corpses rot in front of us. If any Jedi want to stop me... come and try. I will be waiting on Ziost."

Anarcus turned off the HoloNet broadcaster and stood awaiting any visitors.

"Rust in peace," he moaned with a twisted smile.
Back to top Go down
clint

clint

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:58 pm

(I will be posting in this tomorrow once I get a spare half hour or so, so watch for a reply if you have time.)
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 pm

(I too will be joining this thread to challenge Anarcus once the meeting on Coruscant is concluded.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 am

((Why can't anyone ever join Anarcus' posts just to love him? Big evil killing machines need loving too you know Sad))
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:38 am

(Character: Jacen Valor)

"The Sith were always incompetent. Of course, you can't blame them for failing to conquer the Galaxy... It was always destined to be MY Galaxy." Jacen Valor said as he walked up to the one known as Anarcus. His black Sith cloak & robes kept his appearance shadowed in an abyss of darkness. His deep Clawdite voice of course would be recognised by all those that knew him. Oh if only the Jedi had been here, perhaps they'd realise they made some terrible mistake? Or perhaps they'd see the truth? Not that they ever would, they pretended to care about the Galaxy but really the Jedi were the ones casting it into the flames. "And that same destiny that allowed me to capture Coruscant from the Sith has brought me here, to you Anarcus." Jacen didn't bother referring to him as 'Lord Anarcus'- why should he? Anarcus wasn't his Lord... No one was his superior, not any more at least. "You cannot have my Galaxy any more than the Sith could... But... I might be willing to let you have some of it. If you were to do me a favour..."
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:44 am

(( I'm hoping Zanic will let me fight you, Anarcus. You know, even though I'd get my butt handed to me... ))
Back to top Go down
clint

clint

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:55 am

(Just an fyi Anarcus, I am not joining to fight you. I am going to talk to you on my Sith character.)
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 pm

The Jedi Master had been notified of Anarcus's Holonet broadcast through his clone commander, and had left for Ziost immediately after the election had been finished. Flying in his StealthX, Mark made his way for where he sensed the dark aura of Anarcus.

He land his ship in the general area, but would keep his aura cloaked until he revealed himself. The Jedi Master went to have a closer look, and found Jacen of the Wayland Empire addressing Anarcus.

"I knew we couldn't trust that scoundrel."

The Jedi Master decided to drop the Force cloak right then, and moved towards Anarcus, but first looked to Jacen.

"So Jacen, making a deal with the devil, are we? I have a feeling this has something to do with those crystals you showed me. I guess you are not so trustworthy after all."

Mark throw off his outer robes and revealed his inner black Jedi clothes and tunic. His Jedi combat boots were polished just for the occasion. His lightsabers clung to his belt, his hand ready to snatch one any second.

"So, LordAnarcus, I hear you plan to resurrect your Unholy Alliance. Before you do, I would like to finish the duel we started on Mustafar... and put an end to your plan right now." The emphasized "Lord" was one of disdain and playful mockery.

Mark stared Anarcus down, his blue eyes never moving from the Catalyst Lord.

"Let's see what your... Darkside powers can do. This is your home turf, after all, you should have plenty of an advantage..."
Back to top Go down
clint

clint

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:59 pm

(Using Darth Diabolus)

Echoed a voice from the abyss.

"Diabolus... Diabolus........ Diabolus..."

"It's time my dear, your masters call!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

A persistently increasing beep grabbed the attention of the two stationed medical personal. A chilling wind would engulf the room in a misty fog, almost impermeable to the naked human eye. One nurse rushed over to the cryogenic vault, attempting to see what all the fuss on the machine was about. It must have been some malfunction in the device, as the beeping meant an ever steadying heart rate, and an ever steadying heart rate meant life. Surely the chamber didn't have a heart beat coming from it. the subject hadn't produced a single beat in nearly seven months.

Pressing a few buttons on the keypad below the heart rate monitor, she reset the machine entirely. The beep stopped only for the few seconds it took to rescan, and then again...

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP BEEP

It couldn't have been correct. The nurse turned her head towards the male staff member, an obvious look of dismay was painted on both faces. The women spoke hoarsely, as though her breath was ripped from her lips, "Richard... gulp.... Richard, call Commander O'Donnel down here. He... he must be alive."

Richard gripped the telecom device, looking down at the floor, clearly second guessing the decision at hand shot a rough glance back at the female before opening his mouth to speak.

"Reset it, reset it again Mary. It has to be wrong. I... I can have maintenance bring down a new one if it happens aga..."

He could out the first syllable of his final word before it happened. The vault started to shake otherworldly, there would be no explanation for this mishap. The two staff members, sick with paranoia, moved close to the vault. Richard and Mary peered through the small glass window of the titanium plated vault door. Any other day they would see the unconscious face of the subject in question, but it seemed the mist had fogged over the window so bad nothing could be seen but the glimmering blue reflection of the ice inside. Richard stepped away from the door, his hairs raising on the back of his neck in unison. Fear stricken he turned away from the chamber, muttering something Mary couldn't understand.

The women stopped trying to peer inside for a moment, perhaps to ask Richard what he had just said, then something caught the corner of her eye. An eerie red object, only a glint at first, then bigger appeared near the back of the chamber. Her eyes locked with it and suddenly just to the right of it, another, the same exact proportions, appeared in the window. It took her a moment, but when she understood what she was looking at she succumbed to the fear both occupants of the room had been feeling since that first BEEP.

"Rii...Richar... RICHARD"

The man stepped back to his spot at the chamber door next to Mary. When he caught the glance of the two fire red balls on the other side of the glass the telecom fell out of his hand to the floor, activating the voice communication system with maintenance.

They were staring something in the eyes so evil they couldn't have fathomed it in their most horrific of night terrors. Both of them stood frozen, nothing could be seen over a foot in the room through the icy mist, and all that was heard was the beep of the machine and the voice of one of the janitor's of the facility, Henry, asking if the two occupants needed assistance. Then it happened.

A large wind, stronger, colder than the first sent both the staff members into a state of shock. The red eyes still piercing their ghostly faces. A large eruption of pressure hit the large titanium vault door, and with it came the ice and door, straight back into Mary and Richard. The screams could be heard through the monitor as they were simultaneously crushed between a solid wall and a huge sheet of metal. The communication system went ecstatic with yelling. Henry must have had a very strong set of vocal cords, as screams to his once co-workers was vibrantly echoed throughout the small room.

Diabolus was awake, Diabolus was alive. His body, naked except the medical loins they froze him in, he laid limp for a few seconds on the floor which was now a crimson red, a mix of water and the bodily fluids of the two crushed medical personal covered the floor. Half his body was painted red with the mixture, and his head rested just a foot or so away from what appeared to be the liver from one of the two unfortunate staff members. His hair was much longer now, the damp follicles on his face stuck to his forehead, covering it completely.

He wasn't quite adept to his living state yet, staggering just to hold his head off the ground. He looked almost like an infant, lifting upwards with no reaction. It would take some time to recover physically, but he had mentally prepared for the awakening. Reaching out with nearly all his power the red abyss he seemed trapped in showed a faint, shadowy figure.... Anarcus.

"Anarcus... listen to my voice. Perhaps you remember it, perhaps you don't. I remember you though Anarcus... I remember you. My Master... Skor ... he always told me of you, of your exploits Anarcus. Through that I came to respect you, and for that I wish to join you. Accept my servitude, Anarcus, I beseech you, accept it."
Back to top Go down
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Anarcus turned to see a visitor, a man who apparently come to compromise. The Catalyst eyed him over, rage filling his face.

"You dare come here to mock me? Ask a favor of me? A brave man you are indeed."

The Catalyst Lord knew all to well he could crush this fool with the greatest of ease... but he would instead see what he had to offer first.

"What favor do you ask of me?"

Anarcus felt a sudden energy in the Force, a small glimmer of light within the dark planet.

"It seems we have another visitor. Pardon me as I dispatch it."

Death seem to crawl to the surface of Ziost, as if being called by its master. Any denizen of the light would be consumed by its hand. Victims fell prey to the Catalyst, their lungs suffocated by a lack of air. He was a magnificently evil beast, one that could not truly be defined by such imperfections as 'words', only by the actions he fulfilled, like the massive slaughter of lightning-induced corpses that seemed to crowd his feet while he could stand perfectly still. With nothing but a quick motion of his hands, the cloak that adorned his malovolent body, then he turned as he awaited the "Jedi" before him. He had recognized this Jedi, for as had been mentioned, Anarcus had fought with him before.

"So Jedi, you come to the flame like unto a moth. You must not have learned your lesson last time, that you come seeking death so eagerly."

His head slowly descended downwards, the crimson eyes trailing down the vast crevasses of the cloak he wore. With every new gust of wind, every new jerk to a side, another intricately woven trail of valleys was created, a never-ending cycle that seemed more redundant than interesting. Sensations chilled his very back, branching of nothing but cold numbness as he could sense the Force of Mark, one of the light. as a vortex of pain drowned out his enviroment, he instantly grasped hold of his right wrist, staring it down, knowing the venom of the Dark Side was merely toying with him.

"Prepare yourself, Jedi."

His voice was ghastly, haunting in it's tone in a short and oversimplified summary. It seemed as if composed of an ensemble of voices, all coming from the pale shadow of the man's lips as they shallowly dipped and rose. No motion was found on his distant body figure as he spoke, standing completely motionless as he awaited his foe to dare to defy the Dark Side, to conquer this abomination that had overrun the night.

Just as the last word escaped his unseen lips, Anarcus's left foot broke the aligning balance between his legs, stepping forward. With a Force-aided thrust of energy, he shot forward towards his opponent, each step covering roughly 7 feet each. His cloak still covered him, yet seperating down the center of his torso to reveal a blackened body suit, loose and also fighting the wind, thrusting itself behind. His arms were crossed, and so they would remain. While Anarcus was nearly two stride's away from his foe, the glare of metal flashed beneath his cloak, soon emerging in the form of two single-hilted lightsabers in each crossed arm. As his right hand was buried against his left ribs, and left hand against his right ribs, it was instinctive to extend each elbow and swing each arm backwards slightly. In mid-swing, he ignited his sabers, displaying a scissor-like slash from both sides, his right arm above his left, that would sever Mark's arms and chest, had he kept the current posture alive. In the last footstep, where his left foot shattered the tranquility of the sand, he rose his right knee cap to lessen the potential clash, momentum swinging his right foot forwards slightly, though not enough for a sufficient attack.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:20 pm

"I learned that you are not as powerful as some would have me believe," Mark smiled.

Anarcus's strides were long in the area they covered, quickly covering ground in a blink of an eye. As he revealed his arms, two single-bladed lightsabers were in the grip of each hand. The arms swinged at Mark, with the red blades igniting as they were approaching him. As they approached from his side to maim his upper body, Mark leaned backwards with a Force-sped assist, far enough to let the sabers swing over their intended target. He let out his right hand and used Force Push to propel the Darksider back.

"I expected something a little more intense. From all of the stories I have heard, I expected you to make me tremble in fear. Merlock was far more intimidating than you."

Mark ignited his blue lightsaber and held it in his right hand. He began approach the Catalyst, and he began to twist his wrist to start making forward counter-clockwise circles with the lightsaber while walking ahead. When he finally got within striking distance of Anarcus, Mark made a left 135° horizontal slash at the dark one’s neck, followed by a slash directly down from the middle of his enemy’s forehead after bringing the blue saberup and back right to the necessary position for the attack. The Jedi Master would kick with his right leg instantly afterward, aiming his foot for the right side of Anarcus's stomach, forcefully thrusting it, enough to knock the Catalyst down on his back. If Anarcus attempted to counter him and negate his attacks at any point during this combo, Mark would spin his sword clockwise against the red blades with his right hand and a Force Push on the Darksider with his outstretched left hand.
Back to top Go down
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Now Mark had begun his assault, starting with a lateral slash to the Anarcus’ head. He bent his neck back far enough to dodge the slash, and then would sidestep right, the blue blade just flying past his left arm, dodging the second attack. Mark would now kick at his stomach. Anarcus’ left arm motioned quickly to block the kick with his forearm, fist facing up. Mark’s sole would kick hard against the Catalyst’s forearm so that he would have to place his left foot down to brace himself firmly on the ground to avoid being knocked over. Anarcus had taken the heavy blow, and was pushed back just a bit.

“Bold words, Jedi. Let’s see if you have skill enough to back them up.”

The Catalyst Lord reached deep into the Darkside, commanding it and bending to his will. The sheer terror made ordinary people tremble at every step he made. Using his vast knowledge of its power, Anarcus tapped into the power of Force Fear and channeled it towards Mark.

Anarcus aided in masking the cliff with the guise of dust, shooting Force Pushes down his outstretched hands and causing a cataclysmic ripple of sand and dirt. His feet shuffled to align, and then left the ground. As his position differed from origin, it was uneasy to sense just where the Catalyst had left, he had masked his Force Signature, even made Force Cyclones, miniatures, to overwhelm the Jedi's hearing. He executed a uniquely awkward attack, however. Anarcus' use of the Force was envious to others', he could carry out intricate measures individually with each finger, which he had the habit of doing commonly.

Rough seconds passed in utter pandemonium, yet, it soon became time. The flash of the blade, a red crimson gleam piercing through the sand barely when it came within meters, shot forth, one of his lightsabers that he used as a projectile. Anarcus, still having full control of his weapons' movements, would simply alter it's direction if Mark tried to stop it using the Force, trying to back his Jedi foe into deflecting it with a saber. Simultaneously, the image of Anarcus' body came into view directly behind the Jedi. The Sith was running, his left arm outstretched to control the thrown saber and potentially grab his opponent, and his right arm swinging from his right shoulder to left waist, practically a moment away from slicing Mark in half.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Seeing how Anarcus was aided in the making of dust covered air, Mark came to the conclusion that his enemy was going to use this oppurtunity to make a hidden attack. The ground shook somewhat violently and Mark planted his feet to keep his balance. After the moment, Mark noticed that Anarcus had masked his Force signature, meaning he was doing what Mark had thought he would do in the first place. At first, Mark was going to depend mainly on his keen hearing, but when miniature cyclones surrounded him and masked every other noise, Mark depended on feeling the balance of the air.

As Anarcus commenced his plan, Mark sensed an eery feeling clench his gut. It had been a long time since the Jedi Master had experienced this power, but he knew it well. Mark smiled.

"Merlock's old trick. Force Fear."

The Jedi Master adapted, concentrating deeper into the Force to purge the darkness from his mind. His past experience with Force Fear had allowed him to overcome it. Much as a Jedi could adapt to a rainy environment without notice or care as he was being soaked, Mark likewise accepted the Darkside induced fear that he felt, and accepted it; thus it was rendered very close to useless.

Within the seconds that passed, Mark could feel an opening in the sand winds, meaning a projectile was coming at him. Since he could not feel Anarcus at the time, Mark used Force precognition and instincts, and he felt he was going to be taken by surprise. He saw a crimson-colored lightsaber blade appear in front of him, and there he moved his right leg behind himself, turning his body 90 degrees. The blade would pass to his side harmlessly.

As he turned, he saw Anarcus appear to his right, which would have been his back if he hadn't turned. Anarcus was coming at him with speed, with an outstretched and free left hand, and a swinging right arm. With quick wit, Mark moved toward his enemy’s left side, and twirled the blade counterclockwise before performing a downwards vertical slash to Anarcus' left hand as he was passing to his side, and leaving Anarcus’ attack to hit thin air.

Immediately afterwards, Mark jumped and flipped overhead and slashed downwards at the top of Anarcus’ left shoulder as he passed. Mark would spin his blade vertically-clockwise and sideways toward Anarcus’ position in defense until the Jedi landed some 15 feet away, facing whatever side of the Catalyst would be, depending on his shift from having his back turned if he did not.

If Anarcus attempted to counter him and negate his attacks at any point during this combo, Mark would come to the Catalyst's right side and slash to the left at his foe’s neck with his right hand holding the sword hilt, perform a an exactly backwards slash, and jump back into the air, spinning his blade in front for defense.

Last edited by Mark Kenobi on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 6:43 pm

With his left hand still controlling all of the sabers' movements, he concluded that altering its angle it would be more than enough. The hilt would return safely to its Masters' hand, for it would have collided had it not. There were more important matters at hand. With time on his hand, since Mark's strike would allow Anarcus the moment needed to catch the saber coming straight at him, the Catalyst executed a counter of pure primal instinct. His back bent in the opposite direction, making the figure of his body seem unnaturally twisted, and yet causing his legs to leave the ground upwards. In mid-air, without the aid of a jump, he tilted from completely vertical to completely horizontal, momentum keeping his body moving. Without the proper height to make this an attack, and without the pure momentum needed to keep him with speed, the Catalyst came to a slide on the sand, both arms perpendicular as they had been when he was attacking. Had Mark not spun and left a gap sizeable enough between his two angled legs, this would have been impossible to execute.

Yet, Anarcus, who's lower body would have been below and behind Mark now, fulfilled it with prowess. As for the sabers, there was no need to even alter their course. The saber to his left hand would parry Mark's attack, keeping it at a dead stop, assuming that Mark would automatically shift the angle to match his opponent's body, which is a natural human instinct.

Mark continued attacking swiftly with agility, but it wouldn’t be enough to outdo the Catalyst Lord. Anarcus raised his blade horizontally right to defend his shoulder. Turning around to face Mark, Anarcus watched him leap to what would now be Anarcus’ right side. Anarcus pointed his crimson blade up to his right side, defending from Mark’s second attack, and blocking the third attack to his other side by shifting his arms to his left side.

Lightning shredded the warm air as his body figure soon became engulfed by sparks, dying down to an extent within a moment, soon becoming nothing more than a random ripple of ivory-fire that shot to and fro, upwards and downward. Anarcus began to swing both of his weapons, in an intricately woven plan of battle. Now, his right arm, which moved slightly backward, came in a vertical swing upwards. Just as his left arm crossed his body, his right arm would collide with his other, being beneficial. This would alter the angle of his swing upwards, meaning that his right saber would sever Mark's left arm centimeters from his shoulder.

Since Mark's arm was deadlocked, and Anarcus' fluent attack was, indeed, fluent, the possibility that he could avoid the dismembership of his left arm was indeed impossible. To heighten the suspense, however, Anarcus began to toy with his foe. With a simple step from his left foot, his back began sway clockwise, moving his body without moving the position of his arms in anyway, sending his own body in what would be the pathway of his enemy's. A moment after the severing of his opponent's arm, the lightning that ran upon the Catalyst Lord's flesh would transfer to his enemy's, and the lightning would instantly stun upon impact.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:02 pm

As Anarcus attempted to deadlock Mark's saber, the Jedi Master placed his right foot back one step, firmly holding his position on the ground. Due to his Jedi concentration and training in the Force, the Jedi could see that the impending movement in slow blurs that the Catalyst planned to lock his blade between the crimson lightsabers, partially disallowing Mark movement of his weapon. Before the deadlock was complete, Mark withdrew his blue saber away from Anarcus' two blades, allowing the Jedi Master free movement of the saber. Before the Darksider managed to direct his own crimson saber upward to severe Mark's left shoulder, the Jedi sidestepped right while dipping his shoulder a few inches, leaving Anarcus' weapon to hit thin air. The Jedi began trodding backwards, bringing up his lightsaber to absorb the lightning bolt Anarcus had aimed towards him.

The Catalyst had put up an admirable fight so far, and he expected as least as much from a legendary villain he had heard so many tales of. Still, it seemed that the tales were a bit exaggerated - unless the dueling standards to make Jedi Knight had significantly dropped since Mark had been knighted.

Mark took hold of his lightsaber with both hands, and then charged in at Anarcus. His first attack for his opponent would be a wide slash 225° from left to right at Anarcus’ neck. The slicing blade would go slicing first Anarcus’ outer right arm with a stab from Mark’s left, retracting and then going for his armpit of the same arm, and then for the outer part of the left arm, and again retracting for a slicing stab at his left underarm. This attack sequence was meant to test Anarcus’ quick wits in close-range saber combat. The Jedi was aware that Anarcus could try the deadlock trick again - in which case, Mark was prepared to compensate and would use Force Speed to outmaneuver the crimson blades if necessary.

Between each attack, Mark would spin his lightsaber vertically clockwise in front of himself, thus being ready for any attack Anarcus would use to break the chain in his combo.

In addition, Mark would use Force Ice by an extension of his left hand towards the ground in any direction Anarcus tried to maneuver into to back out of the Jedi’s combo, limiting his evasion options. The ice would encase the ground in a 5-foot radius.
Back to top Go down
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Anarcus brought up his right crimson blade to the right of him to block the shoulder attack, and spun it around to block the armpit attack. Due to Mark's saber spins between attacks, which would make a counter more difficult, Anarcus decided to flow with the Jedi's attacks and hold him off until his barrage ended. Anarcus then raised his left lightsaber to block the next attack, jamming Mark's blade upward and redirecting it to hit thin air. Using Force Sense to feel any danger, the Catalyst flipped backwards over Mark's ice patch, leaving it useless.

Predator and prey, lord and slave, puppetmaster and marionette. This was a perfect verbatim of the latter, an effortless display of prowess that only the Sith had accomplished. Jedi were fools, and they did not have the skills to set their "righteous" teachings into the course of destiny, or the souls of the Universe. As long as there is light, there will always be darkness, and today was the portrait of sunset, when the light dies, and the darkness rises. Anarcus' prowess in battle had proved superior, for Mark was running out of options. It was only a matter of time before he was trapped in a corner with no way out.

The vastly endless grooves of his onyx robe fluttered in unison with every footstep The Catalyst beheld, the newest 'marionette' to this requiem of malignance. Anarcus' appearance was not rivaled with the definition or title of mere words, his aura of vehemence shattering the very core of souls around him, inhuman as the Dark Side, rivaled by his brethren only by mortality. 'The last amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the centre of all infinity—the boundless daemon-sultan Xaeroth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin, monotonous whine of accursed flames; to which detestable pounding and conflagration dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic ultimate gods, the blind, voiceless, tenebrous, mindless beings whose soul and messenger is the crawling chaos of this reality. They are the alignments, and he is the Hand of Death.' On the eve of death, the Jedi's soul would choked off of its oxygen by the hand of the Darkside.

Moving around the ice patch, Anarcus began his charge at the Jedi. When he finally got within striking distance of Mark, Anarcus made a horizontal slash at Mark's head with his right blade, and with his left leg kicked outwards towards the lower half of Mark's right knee. The natural human physiology of Mark's leg would cause the nerve in the leg to momentarily go into shock, disabling movement and causing it jerk forward. With his left crimson lightsaber still free, the Catalyst Lord took the momentum and directed the blade towards Mark's throat.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:00 pm

(As Anarcus has conceded to losing his left arm, I will continue the fight in that same context.)

As Mark's blue blade came up for Anarcus' left arm, severing it off at the shoulder along with the lightsaber it held, the Jedi Master was renewed with concentration. Though he had not yet defeated the Catalyst, he had severely crippled him and took command of the moment. Anarcus flipped backward in retreat, in order to avoid the ice Mark had placed there, but Mark went around it and met Anarcus in swordplay once again.

(Due to the loss of your left arm, I will ignore your designated left-arm attack.)

Despite the loss of an appendage, Anarcus remained standing and striking back. Mark could admire his courage, or rather his pride as it would likely be for a Sith, but the Jedi Master had gained an obvious upper hand, for Mark had another lightsaber on his belt which he could use to his advantage.

However, the Jedi Master first had to contend with Anarcus' incoming attack. The blue saber came up in a vertical position in the direction Anarcus' right blade came from, holding it off. At the same time, Mark's right leg came up swiftly, kicking outwards with his sole, colliding with Anarcus' own outward foot. The Jedi Master used this collision to jump back, the force of the attack boosting his movement, with his left leg serving as a balance during the backward leap. Depending on Anarcus' stance, it could have caused him to lose his balance and fall onto his back.

Mark decided that the moment had served its purpose, and Anarcus' severed arm served as a perfect opportunity to use a more aggressive attack. The Jedi Master raised his left hand, using Force Grip to tightly squeeze at Anarcus' right brachial plexus. With the other hand holding the blue lightsaber, Mark came dashing with it aimed at the Catalyst's upper thorax, attempting to finally end the deadly duel.
Back to top Go down
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Without expectation, without probability, the Darkside had its weak moments when the Light bluffed it out. The Hand of Death was severed from its master, the predator had become the prey. The verbatim prediction was flawed, or misunderstood. The trail of the Darkside had lefts it scent, but left an opening for the Light to slip in.

Anarcus had failed to move his left arm in time to deflect the Jedi’s fourth attack, and paid dearly for his carelessness. Pain singed his severed limb, but the Darkside allowed him to recover, giving his body the power and momentum to ignore the pain and remain mobile. Rage buckled his stomach, the apex of hatred channeling towards Mark. The flow of the Darkside of the Force allowed the Catalyst to continue battle, striking out forcefully as ever, his command of it being no less than it had been before. Yet, Anarcus would have to redouble his efforts, for the one arm he had left would be his only remaining conduit of power.

His one swipe being blocked by Mark’s blade and his kick being returned, Anarcus bound off of the Jedi’s kick, his onyx robes swirling in unison with his movements, landing in perfect balance. The accursed and damned thoughts of the Catalyst remained fixed on the Jedi, as he came rushing for Anarcus’ sternum. Due to the Jedi’s Force Grip on the central nerves of the Catalyst’s remaining arm, Anarcus had little choice but jump to the right just before the blade made contact. The Jedi had taken little caution for securing his target, and would carelessly pass the Catalyst Lord by in his charge. Had Mark not been so careless, he would have realized that a simple jump to the side would put Anarcus’ right arm out of sight, allowing the Force Grip’s power to loosen. With his arm free, the Catalyst expelled Force charges down his fingers and once more brought his swirling mini-cyclones to life, channeling towards Mark. The Jedi had foolishly left his guard open in his eagerness to conclude the duel, and Anarcus would make him realize his mistake.

Within the pandemonium was a shrouded figure clad in the Darkside, for Anarcus had once more masked his Force signature. The walls dust and sand that twirled around Mark would blind him, and the masked signature would render his Force Sense useless. At the precise moment before Anarcus would outstretch his right arm to lunge for Mark’s abdomen, the cyclones would separate instantly to allow the Catalyst’s deadly visage to pass through it unharmed and strike down his prey.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 am

"Persistent fellow, isn't he?" thought Mark. As Anarcus had reanimated his miniature cyclones once more, and Mark being essentially blinded and deafened by the twisters, the Jedi had to again rely on his Force Sense – not to sense the Catalyst, but rather to detect the openings of the cyclones were he believed Anarcus would likely appear from to attack. Using the Force to slow his mind and detect all his surroundings, he was able to see Anarcus appear from between the twisters. Bringing up his blue saber and vertically swirling it counterclockwise, Mark diverted the stab to his stomach and away from his body.

Intending to end the battle quickly without having to outwit Anarcus with the sword, Mark skipped back twenty feet in great haste, quickly making ground between him and his enemy. The Jedi deignited his blade and quickly clung it to his belt, rapidly forming two 1’ ice spears with the Force, letting them hover over his shoulders. Mark outstretched both hands and used Force Grip tightly on Anarcus’ right brachial plexius and his upper left sortius muscle, practically disabling the two limbs. Once the grips had majorly disabled Anarcus’ movement capabilities, Mark’s momentarily flicked his fingers in command, sending both ice spears directly at the Catalyst’s ribcage.
Back to top Go down
Marik Rayth

Marik Rayth

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

As his onyx robes flapped in the dark mayhem of the sand-filled cyclones, the Hand of Death reached out for Mark's soul, but was denied once more as the Jedi parried and backed away, creating a new plan to outwit the Lord of the Catalysts. But to avail, for Anarcus had brought up his crimson blade and prepared himself as Mark gripped at his muscles with the Force. Sensing that Mark was about to unleash his attack, Anarcus thrust his left leg to the ground and bound upwards, the Darkside boosting his momentum. The ice spears passed beneath him, and the Catalyst landed precisely from where had leapt. This maneuver would break Mark's concentration on his Force Grip, allowing Anarcus to regain command of his crippled muscles. Channeling the power of the Darkside through his torso, electricity coursing up and down his dark silhouette.

The prey never left the predator's sight, the darkness within never resting. A morbid mentality and a lust for vengeance propelled Anarcus onward, the vast emptiness of the planet fulfilling his purpose. For no mere mortal conquered the Darkside, and no mortal could annihilate that which could not be touched, and the Light could not vanquish that which it has weapon against.

The Catalyst bound forward at Mark, throwing his crimson at the Jedi's head, being aimed with deadly precision through the Force. No later than when the hilt of the crimson blade leave his hand, when Fatal Remorse came into his grasp. The snap-hiss of the doublesaber indicated its activation, as Anarcus held the hilt horizontally and swung from his right at the Jedi's chest. With flick of the wrist, the blade reversed its motion, Anarcus' hand twitching. His torso had been serving as a conduit for the Darkside in the mere seconds of mayhem, and a bolt of lightning suddenly burst outwards, ready to emgulf Mark in electricity, stunning on impact.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:41 pm

(Anarcus has to conceded to defeat by missing some details in my last post.)

Mark's plan to cripple Anarcus paid off, because the Catalyst Lord realized too late that more than just his arm was disabled. The ice spears pierced his sternum, inflicting deadly injury upon Anarcus. The Jedi Master sighed, and bowed his head at his fallen foe, his soul being devoured by the Darkside.

"It is a shame you will never know redemption, Anarcus. I pity you."

The Jedi Master approached Jacen, ready to compromise the situation with him.

"Now that's done, we should continue our negotiations. I don't know why you wanted to talk to Anarcus, but I don't find it very comforting you were trying to conspire with a legendary Darksider. As you probably know, Master Leingod is trying to revive the Galactic Senate. As you occupy the territories of the Republic, I would like to negotiate the complete liberty of these planets as you reside over them, in exchange for complete cooperation from the Jedi. We will act as advisers for you and the new Chancellor. We have no desire for war, even though my clone fleet is well equipped. I gave you those Tsils in full knowledge of what they are as a sign of good will, and a fail-safe system that the Jedi will not resort to retaliation unless we are forced to. I have dealt with the power of the Tsils before against Dark Lord Merlock, and I have defenses to use against, but I would rather never have to."

Mark began to slowly circle Jacen as he tried to convince him into negotiating peacefully.

"There is no denying your force is enormous. No one wants to fight a losing battle against it. But the people want to live freely. If you allow the complete restoration of the Senate and the freedom of the people, you will have the allegiance of the Jedi Order. Otherwise, the people will demand revolution against the Wayland Empire. I certainly don't want that. Do you?"

Last edited by Mark Kenobi on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:57 am

"Free will is an illusion." Jacen said. At the same time both he and Mark would be encircled by copies of Anarcus, Force Phantoms that Jacen had summoned. Entirely under his control of course and their lives connected to any random being he could sense in the Force. He'd chosen Anarcus' image for the Phantoms simply because he was the last person other than mark that he'd seen... There was no special reason."And from an illusion I find strength... What I find most confusing about your offer, or rather your threat, is that the Wayland Empire would apparently be losing planets and giving up its hard earned control of such worlds... Worlds that have chosen to be devoted members of our Empire... So it'll take more than empty threats of war to make me agree to this."
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:59 am

"Free will is a desire of all sentient beings. Even those who steal it from others demand their own free will." Mark ignored the phantoms Jacen had summoned, and listened to what he had to say. Apparently, he had misunderstood the Jedi's intentions.

"Look, I am not threatening you. It's not really a Jedi thing to threaten people. I am only warning you of the possibility. My clone army numbers 900 million, and that's a sizable army to any opposing fleet, so it is no empty matter. If you agree to this proposition, you will not be losing planets. Your dominion over them will be accepted, if you do not oppress the people and allow them to live freely. The people may accept your presence as rulers now, but if they feel threatened or enclosed by your protocols, they may try to revolt. If it comes to a choice between protecting the people and siding with a force that is threatening them, the Jedi Order is obligated to fight for the people."

Mark stopped his pace for a moment and put particular emphasis on his next statement.

"All I am asking you is to allow the people to function freely as a normal Republic under your dominion. By doing this, you will avoid rebellion, maybe war. You will be gaining the Jedi's allegiance, the union of our forces, happy citizens, and a time of peace. Is this really so much to ask? Is there really a downside to my request?"

Mark picked up his dropped robes and put them back on as Jacen made his response.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

"Jedi are... Unreliable at best, your minds and thoughts are chaotic... I don't suppose anyone every told you why I often side against the Jedi, did they..." Jacen stated in reply. "If you want me to allow the Republic to exist, in exchange I want you to give me your entire army." Jacen doubted he'd get it, but then the Jedi were just as desperate as he was to keep the peace- if only for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 pm

(I will dispense with the longness for now. Very Happy )

"Perhaps you did not hear, but I did offer a union of my forces. You should be able to trust me after I gave you those Tsils as a sign of good faith. However, you do realize I will still have control over my forces. You must at least allow that... as a sign of your good faith."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance   Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ziost - Resurrecting the Unholy Alliance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next