Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you listening to?

Go down 
+10
Mark Kenobi
Malas
Darth Devic
Terand
Zanic Scorchi
Adroit System
Trever Leingod
Vegito Rikhard
Redack
Richter Belmont
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

What are you listening to? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Honestly, I would like to know where I "goaded" Richter into this. I made a simple joke, and he responded by insinuating that because of my choices in music, I would be less intelligent. Does that not give me cause to defend myself, along with my friends? It is by no means a proven fact that rock music negatively affects your brain; type "rock music effects on the brain" into a google search and you'll get articles that are about 40%-40%, with maybe 20% saying something different, such as that all music rots the brain, or all music if listened to repetitively rots the brain. It's hardly a proven fact if it's disputed by scientists.

Richter, I understand your thinking that you may be smarter than I am, but I don't believe you have any justification to simply assume so. I have friends who are also A students who listen to exclusively rock music. I have friends who are A students who listen to techno, or rap, or country. I don't doubt that classical music is probably better for your brain than those other types of music. But I also don't believe that any of these types of music are going to make any significant effect on your brainpower. It's certainly not going to turn me into a vegetable. If it does, feel free to say I told you so. Until then, though, I'm going to listen to what I like, not what I think will give me an advantage over someone intellectually.

Cheers. Wink

Last edited by white lancer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 pm

I think maybe this topic should have been in the "Heated Debate" section. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:18 pm

"Razors Edge" - Saliva
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Way to get the thread back on track, Desra! Very Happy

"Stairway to Heaven"--Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Evanessence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Just doin' my part Lancer. ;o

"Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya" - Dropkick Murphys
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Oh, getting random are we? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:32 pm

=P I stopped having specific music for certain times a while ago. Now just whatever sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Richter Belmont wrote:
Evanessence

Evanescence? Isn't that a metal band? Laughing

"Hey You"--Pink Floyd
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 pm

white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
Evanessence

"Hey You"--Pink Floyd

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Evanescence I believe are a "alternate" metal. Though I prefer Within Temptation and Nightwish.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:38 pm

The girl's voice is very pretty Cool but the guitar just drives me nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:39 pm

xD Suppose that's a small price to pay to hear her sing.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't know if it is worth it.

One Winged Angel - FF7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 pm

"Path" - Apocalyptica

She may have some lone singing. Youtube would be the best bet if there is.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Youtube is too damn slow.

Thriller - Michael Jackson
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:46 pm

For the record, I've always sworn and always will swear. It's apart of my language- I wasn't trying to sound tough or anything, just trying to prove a point and put emphasis without going all out in bold and caps lock which hurts more. If you don't like, write your congressmen because I'm not gonna stop.

Nightwish is AMAZING

Inis Mona - Eluveitie

^------- Eluveitie is a folk metal band. I highly suggest checking them out as they use electric bagpipes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm

'Bones Shatter'- Hedley
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Music stimulates the soul...and makes life enjoyable. Classical music generally tends to affect me like a good painting; I can respect the composer for his talent, because it's art in its purest form, but I generally get bored of it after too long. Oh, and FYI, the smartest people I know listen to hard rock/heavy metal, so I guess that throws your little theory out the window. Wink

"Custard Pie"--Led Zeppelin

My theory? I said it was a known fact. Okay, the smartest you know listen to rock, but in what field are they smart? In any case, I believe they can't tread water in logic like the smartest people I know.

A known fact--sure. You just keep telling yourself that. Very Happy I would describe them as extremely logical...the only field that they may lack in is the "common sense" department. Wink

Yes, I love to keep telling myself facts so that I know them very well. In any case, commom sense has its limits.

If it makes you feel good about yourself to think that you're smarter than everyone because you don't listen to rock/metal, go right ahead. I won't shatter your illusion...and I'll just continue to enjoy myself with music that is actually fun to listen to. Wink

Now you are making assumptions. I never said anything about me being smarter than everyone, now did I? Hm? Laughing My "illusion" just happens to be reality. Have fun with the heavy metal as long as your brain can handle it. However, I hope you give it up before thou can regret it. Seriously, I would dislike very much to see one of my cyberfriends turn into a vegetable.

i just wanted to make the quote bit go even bigger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:32 am

Redack wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Music stimulates the soul...and makes life enjoyable. Classical music generally tends to affect me like a good painting; I can respect the composer for his talent, because it's art in its purest form, but I generally get bored of it after too long. Oh, and FYI, the smartest people I know listen to hard rock/heavy metal, so I guess that throws your little theory out the window. Wink

"Custard Pie"--Led Zeppelin

My theory? I said it was a known fact. Okay, the smartest you know listen to rock, but in what field are they smart? In any case, I believe they can't tread water in logic like the smartest people I know.

A known fact--sure. You just keep telling yourself that. Very Happy I would describe them as extremely logical...the only field that they may lack in is the "common sense" department. Wink

Yes, I love to keep telling myself facts so that I know them very well. In any case, commom sense has its limits.

If it makes you feel good about yourself to think that you're smarter than everyone because you don't listen to rock/metal, go right ahead. I won't shatter your illusion...and I'll just continue to enjoy myself with music that is actually fun to listen to. Wink

Now you are making assumptions. I never said anything about me being smarter than everyone, now did I? Hm? Laughing My "illusion" just happens to be reality. Have fun with the heavy metal as long as your brain can handle it. However, I hope you give it up before thou can regret it. Seriously, I would dislike very much to see one of my cyberfriends turn into a vegetable.

i just wanted to make the quote bit go even bigger Very Happy

And again Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Listening to.... nothing!! XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
Evanessence

"Hey You"--Pink Floyd

Razz

Careful, Richter. You'll melt your brain. If you want to get away from the guitar, might I suggest Britney Spears? lol!

"Drive"--The Cars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks for the memories-- Fallout Boy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:33 pm

"Never Gonna Stop Me" - Rob Zombie
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Male Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:59 pm

white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
Evanessence

"Hey You"--Pink Floyd

Razz

Careful, Richter. You'll melt your brain. If you want to get away from the guitar, might I suggest Britney Spears? lol!

"Drive"--The Cars

Evanesence isn't metal, it's hard rock. Kind of different. Razz

"Lovers in Japan" by Coldplay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to?
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi Sith Restoration Project :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: