Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you listening to?

Go down 
+10
Mark Kenobi
Malas
Darth Devic
Terand
Zanic Scorchi
Adroit System
Trever Leingod
Vegito Rikhard
Redack
Richter Belmont
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

What are you listening to? Empty
PostSubject: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 am

Alright, I know most of you must listen to music while you come on J/S. This can be something to just keep us amused and give us a hint as to each others' music tastes. So just post whatever you're listening to in this thread.

"Give A Little Bit"--Supertramp
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:09 pm

William Tell's overture Cool
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Track 01- Red Alert 3 Soundtrack... At this very moment... Don't ask me what the track itself is called... But generally when I come onto JS I put some music by Immediate Music on, some of it just goes well with RPing Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Am I the only person here who listens to normal music? Razz

"River of Tears"--Eric Clapton
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 pm

white lancer wrote:
Am I the only person here who listens to normal music? Razz

"River of Tears"--Eric Clapton

What do you consider normal, eh chap?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Rock. Blues. Soul. R&B. Even Rap and Country (as much as I despise them). Metal. Pop. Techno. Reggae. Etc. Basically anything that a normal teenager might listen to. Wink Of course, I guess I shouldn't be talking, since I listen to jazz and classical sometimes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Mozart, Beethoven, and Tchiakovksy are the best to listen at night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I'd much rather Dance the Night Away (Van Halen). Give me that Old Time Rock & Roll (Bob Seger) any day! Wink

"Out on the Tiles"--Led Zeppelin

Of course, it's not yet afternoon where I live.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:52 pm

I find "real" music to be boring Razz
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:53 pm

It is a known fact that heavy metal and hard rock melt the brain. I wouldn't be seen dead with that stuff to my ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Richter Belmont wrote:
It is a known fact that heavy metal and hard rock melt the brain. I wouldn't be seen dead with that stuff to my ears.

Then you're missing out on life. Wink Even though I generally don't tend to listen to heavy metal outside of Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:57 pm

white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:

Then you're missing out on life. Wink Even though I generally don't tend to listen to heavy metal outside of Metallica.

I missing out on having my good brain melt? I am thankful for it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Music stimulates the soul...and makes life enjoyable. Classical music generally tends to affect me like a good painting; I can respect the composer for his talent, because it's art in its purest form, but I generally get bored of it after too long. Oh, and FYI, the smartest people I know listen to hard rock/heavy metal, so I guess that throws your little theory out the window. Wink

"Custard Pie"--Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:04 pm

white lancer wrote:
Music stimulates the soul...and makes life enjoyable. Classical music generally tends to affect me like a good painting; I can respect the composer for his talent, because it's art in its purest form, but I generally get bored of it after too long. Oh, and FYI, the smartest people I know listen to hard rock/heavy metal, so I guess that throws your little theory out the window. Wink

My theory? I said it was a known fact. Okay, the smartest you know listen to rock, but in what field are they smart? In any case, I believe they can't tread water in logic like the smartest people I know. So there goes your THEORY! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:

My theory? I said it was a known fact. Okay, the smartest you know listen to rock, but in what field are they smart? In any case, I believe they can't tread water in logic like the smartest people I know.

A known fact--sure. You just keep telling yourself that. Very Happy I would describe them as extremely logical...the only field that they may lack in is the "common sense" department. Wink
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:07 pm

white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:

My theory? I said it was a known fact. Okay, the smartest you know listen to rock, but in what field are they smart? In any case, I believe they can't tread water in logic like the smartest people I know.

A known fact--sure. You just keep telling yourself that. Very Happy I would describe them as extremely logical...the only field that they may lack in is the "common sense" department. Wink

Yes, I love to keep telling myself facts so that I know them very well. In any case, commom sense has its limits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:

Yes, I love to keep telling myself facts so that I know them very well. In any case, commom sense has its limits.

If it makes you feel good about yourself to think that you're smarter than everyone because you don't listen to rock/metal, go right ahead. I won't shatter your illusion...and I'll just continue to enjoy myself with music that is actually fun to listen to. Wink
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:19 pm

white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:
Richter Belmont wrote:
white lancer wrote:

If it makes you feel good about yourself to think that you're smarter than everyone because you don't listen to rock/metal, go right ahead. I won't shatter your illusion...and I'll just continue to enjoy myself with music that is actually fun to listen to. Wink

Now you are making assumptions. I never said anything about me being smarter than everyone, now did I? Hm? Laughing My "illusion" just happens to be reality. Have fun with the heavy metal as long as your brain can handle it. However, I hope you give it up before thou can regret it. Seriously, I would dislike very much to see one of my cyberfriends turn into a vegetable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:22 pm

I think both of you should settle the fuck down. Lancer, it is a proven fact that rock melts the mind. HOWEVER, it's so subtle you don't realize it and the largest amount of loss is barely enough to even do anything really. ON THE OTHER HAND, it's also been proven that ALL music melts the mind. All sound melts the mind at that.

I personally listen to rock/classical put together. I think who ever did it was a genious. I also listen to everything else and love it. Being a drummer, I specialize in rock. Now I'm by no means a straight A student or smarter than anyone but I have a hell of a lot more common sense than most people. I also know people that listen to all types of music (mostly death metal) that have gotten letters from CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY in ENGLAND and other top notch universities and colleges.

What type of music you listen to doesn't determine how smart you are. Richter, you're basically showing yourself off as a high pompous ass by saying that. But at the same time Lancer, you don't need to goad him into that type of stuff. Everyone has their differences, and none of us are going to change so chill the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Thou doth need to clean up the language there Mike. Shocked

Quote :
What type of music you listen to doesn't determine how smart you are. Richter, you're basically showing yourself off as a high pompous ass by saying that

Suspect All of the genuises were fans of classical music and no other. Apparently, it calmed the mind to an extent that they could relax. On the other hand, heavy rock does nothing other than to raise stimuli and jitter up the brain.

Quote :
Everyone has their differences, and none of us are going to change so chill the fuck out.

It doesn't pay to be indifferent to the good stuff. Sad Please, settle down with the profanity. It just hurts.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Lancer, Richard, and especially Mike, chill the heck out. You don't need to be pulling a gasket like this something so important. Give it a rest.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Trying to be a little hard core there vegi head? I think that failed.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Really now, I think the point has been blown away. I agree it is a fact that heavy metal distorts the mind, but I don't agree all music has the same affect. I have heard of studies from my professor that classical music is actually beneficial, so Richter is correct there. And Mike, swearing doesn't work. It just makes people mad.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Now Vegi is now giving me advice. That's a first. Suspect But, I apologize for letting come to this anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to?
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi Sith Restoration Project :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: