Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Electric Judgment

Go down 
+5
Vegito Rikhard
Mark Kenobi
Adroit System
Lord Belial
Helius
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Electric Judgment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:42 am

Yeah, you send other people out to do the fighting for you. A very smart idea but a very dirty trick.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 am

Better to be a coward in the eyes of your peers than be dead Razz
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

Male Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:53 pm

I think its very good idea to make other people fight for you. So long as it goes a long with your overall goal.

I like the satisfaction of victory that came because of my own skill, rather then someone else's. Which is why I tend to cut a lot of people breaks when I fight them. Because I want to beat them honestly. However Redack isn't after glory... at least I don't think, so it doesn't really matter who takes his opponents down, so long as it happens.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Male Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 pm

I think that the point of roleplaying in the SW universe is to make it realistic as possible - and in the SW universe, people did not have to give up anything for something else. None of these powers can be called "all-powerful" if they are all exactly as they were in the real SW universe. No matter what power you use, there is always a way to negate, evade or counter it. That's is all that is needed, really.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:16 am

The Forgotten one makes a good point ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:25 pm

And then there's the Spondoo which just completely pwn. No dogding or defending against a Spondoo. It's impossible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Forgotten Jedi wrote:
I think that the point of roleplaying in the SW universe is to make it realistic as possible - and in the SW universe, people did not have to give up anything for something else. None of these powers can be called "all-powerful" if they are all exactly as they were in the real SW universe. No matter what power you use, there is always a way to negate, evade or counter it. That's is all that is needed, really.

That would be the ideal, but in reality there's a lot of difference between this forum and the real SW that I don't think could be overcome without imposing all sorts of stringent restrictions. The major one is how liberally we use Force powers around here; in the canon SW universe, the Jedi tended to use Force powers sparingly, because the Force powers would drain you of your powers much faster than they do around here. We like to use Force powers to make our fights cooler, and that's fine, but if we're going to allow pretty much limitless Force use we need to limit the amount of powers each person can have so that no one person becomes all-powerful based on Force powers alone.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:10 pm

I still think also that it is a stupid rule. If your character can learn powers fairly, he shouldn't be forced to give up another power. On other SW sites I've been to, all characters could learn every available Force power for his Force alignment, with no sacrifices to be made. Force power was used in a similar manner there, but lesser restrictions made everything more worthwhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Honestly, I much preferred it when there were fewer Force powers that we could learn. It was a lot simpler and IMO more fun. Some of these newer Force powers don't seem like a Force power at all (Force Slow? WTF? Sounds more like something off of Final Fantasy than Star Wars. Growth doesn't seem very realistic, either), and while I think that some of these powers can be useful and are definitely canon, others just make things more complicated and make training take longer. I personally think that extra powers such as EJ (except maybe not EJ specifically) should have some restrictions, such as that only Masters/Lords can learn them or they can't be learned on your own...or both. It might be better that way; there would actually be a benefit to reaching Master/Lord status.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:46 pm

Quote :
such as that only Masters/Lords can learn them or they can't be learned on your own...or both. It might be better that way; there would actually be a benefit to reaching Master/Lord status.

That is what the other sites did. Only Masters and Lords could learn extremely advanced powers, but EJ could be learned by veteran Jedi Knights too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Yeah, I don't really think EJ should be a Master-only power because it's similar to Lightning, so most Jedi should be able to do it, but other Force powers should be.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Like Force Valor and extreme farsight and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:43 am

Force Slow is an actual canon force power. All it does is slow down everything but the user.
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

Male Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 am

I actually think Electric Judgment should be a master only power because of that fact that your using a power that is similar to a dark side power and thus borders on using the dark side. Kinda like vaapad.
Back to top Go down
Helius

Male Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 pm

The problem with that though is say that you have a Jedi Knight who goes towards the dark side...by just stating that technically, that Knight could learn that power and use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/redmooncorp

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:28 pm

.:Mike:. wrote:
Force Slow is an actual canon force power. All it does is slow down everything but the user.

Honestly, I don't really consider video games to be actual canon. There are way too many contradictions with the movies/books for me to consider them anything but entertainment. And like I said, Force Slow always seemed like a rip-off from Final Fantasy. But the video games are accepted around here, so I have to accept powers like that, even if I don't have to like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:35 pm

I accept the story in video games... But I tend to ignore some of the force powers in them...
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Redack wrote:
I accept the story in video games... But I tend to ignore some of the force powers in them...

If they aren't canon, I don't have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:16 pm

All force powers in games are canon because George Lucas, the SW God, looks at every game before it's published and released. The Force Unleashed, although short and repetitive, had alot of ideas that we never though about. Force push not actually being a push but more of a punch. Force grip being able to grip anything in sight. Force Lightning actually acting like electricity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:47 pm

He doesn't tend to look at them very closely, though, because there are plot inconsistencies with the movies/books. I believe they are a little more liberal in their allowances for Force powers in the video games because they want to make it more fun, but in movies/books they want it to seem more realistic. It's a moot point anyways, though, since the Force powers in the games are useable here, whether I like it or not.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:54 pm

I don't like some powers either, but we have to live with it.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:00 pm

white lancer wrote:
He doesn't tend to look at them very closely, though, because there are plot inconsistencies with the movies/books. I believe they are a little more liberal in their allowances for Force powers in the video games because they want to make it more fun, but in movies/books they want it to seem more realistic. It's a moot point anyways, though, since the Force powers in the games are useable here, whether I like it or not.

Regardless of how retarded this might sound to some, I kind of agree with Lancer to some regard. Some of the video games' powers are unbelievably wacky. Sometimes Force lightning takes forever to kill someone (Anakin in E3 can use a full Force bar and the enemy is still alive), and in others it takes five seconds. Force Push or Pull or even Choke can be blocked simply by raising your lightsaber.

Sometimes in Battlefront II, Dooku or Palpatine emits lightning from his chest rather than his hands. You can even raise your lightsaber in front of you and miraculous absorb a wide cone of Force lightning with a thin saber bar. Some of the things that happen in the games just can't be true canon, or things would too easy or weird.

In other games, Force users are outrageously powerful - anyone but another Jedi or Sith seemingly would die against them without a fight. In the Revenge of the Sith game (and other games like it), finishing off your enemy takes forever, even though you've been slashing him with your lightsaber like crazy, which in real life would have sliced him to bits.

In Battlefront II, you can run up to Palpatine and take him down in three seconds, without a bit of health lost, with little difficulty. How in the world can you defeat the most powerful Dark Lord in Sith history in three seconds? It's just not possible.

So we need to cross up realistic Force powers and the god-like powers in the games and come to a fair and realistic conclusion for limitations. Though, for the most part, I notice that people here use saber combat more than the Force, but still. Some powers can be outrageous.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:53 pm

I found the Thought Bomb power to be a little outrageous, even though it is canon. Then comes Force Orb of Destruction.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Meh some Force Powers are uber, deal with it... The more rules you add, the less fun the RP will be... Only add restrictions and rules when there is a need to do so, such as after someone does something everyone else considers unfair or whatever...

As for games, there is a very good reason for thsoe things... Graphics bugs (the lightning out of the chest), balance purposes (how boring would it be if you could just wipe out every enemy within seconds, or the other way around)... The powers from the games should be allowed as long as they are used fairly Razz
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Redack wrote:
Meh some Force Powers are uber, deal with it... The more rules you add, the less fun the RP will be... Only add restrictions and rules when there is a need to do so, such as after someone does something everyone else considers unfair or whatever...

As for games, there is a very good reason for thsoe things... Graphics bugs (the lightning out of the chest), balance purposes (how boring would it be if you could just wipe out every enemy within seconds, or the other way around)... The powers from the games should be allowed as long as they are used fairly Razz

I suppose I understand with the bugs and all that, and the balancing between game and reality too. I actually am fine with most of the powers available on this forum.But sometimes people try to put that into an RP into an unrealistic sort of way.

For instance, if someone wanted to be a smarty pants, they could use that Dooku example as a "canon" ability and try to emit lightning from their chest in an RP (despite the fact that as you said and I think too, it's a graphic flaw). Razz

Kira's personal doctrine as Mod that Force Lightning was fatal on contact, for instance, was outrageous. Force Lightning usually takes forever to kill someone, even at high intensities. I don't think there was a single book, let alone movie, when Force Lightning had such power. There were numerous complaints to Kira's doctrine on this, especially since it seemed uncanon and it was not written in the rules. Just another example of why Kira was not the best Mod and why we need a new one when GT returns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electric Judgment   Electric Judgment - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric Judgment
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jedi Sith Restoration Project :: General :: Heated Debate-
Jump to: