Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion

Go down 
+4
Terand
Redack
Zanic Scorchi
Trever Leingod
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

Male Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Empty
PostSubject: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:48 pm

I am kind of intrigued by the new powers in Force Unleashed. I wonder if we should add Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion to the list of powers. Both seem pretty fair (naturally, if they have limits) and in pretty much in line with most Force powers we currently use. Lightning Shield is kind of like a literal shield of Force Lightning (it can hurt anyone who touches it) and Force Repulsion is like an all-around-radius Force Push. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Male Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:03 pm

If they are cheap, I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:31 am

My opinion... If you want them, use them... How I see it, the Force can be used to do anything anyway. Plus I can't really see a way that these powers would change anything... We already have lightning and we already have force push, in force unleashed the two powers you want work more as extensions of those powers and aren't exactly going to let you murder someone instantly Razz

My vote is YES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:51 am

YES YES YES!!!!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

Male Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:45 am

They both seem to be a more advanced versions of Push and Lightning so I don't see why not. If enough people agree to them, I'll add them to the Force Powers list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 pm

They seem to be fine to me. I am especially interested in Force Repulsion--it seems like that would have a lot of useful applications. The Lightning Shield...well, how would you defend against that? Can you just absorb it with a lightsaber? If so, I think it's fair and should also be included.
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:46 am

Well, the Lightning Shield should be just stationary as a shield, so you really shouldn't have to worry about being hit with it unless you're dumb enough to walk into it, but I don't see why it can't be absorbed. If we add the ability to throw it, I suppose we should be able to absorb it (with the Force or lightsaber) fairly easily as we would normally with typical Lightning.

Force Repulsion will probably have the same limitations and all as Force Push.

I have a small idea, just to consider - how about Force Magnet (just coined up there)? Practically an all-around version of Force Pull. Naturally there would be downsides to this as well as the benefits. Just an idea of course.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:36 am

I'm gonna have to go against the idea of "Force Magnet". To push or pull a specific object you need a direct like of sight to the item. To be able to make a 360 degree pull on everything around kinda seems to ignore that detail.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:49 am

Good suggestions my good chap. I find adding to the list of Force Powers to be a little more fun, even just by being able to have them. By the way, this reminds of a suggestion of Force Powers on GT I made but it never was debated. I shall bring them up again perhaps by tommorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:45 am

Ah, I didn't realize the Lightning Shield was stationary. I thought you could just walk around and hit people with it. lol! I imagine it would be kinda hard to deflect a shield like that. Say, if the shield is stationary, could the user be made to hit his own shield? scratch Regardless, it sounds fine to me.

Force Magnet is an interesting and potentially dangerous idea. It would require excruciating detail on all the surrounding objects--that's the major problem I see with it. I think you can push or pull objects that you can't see--in one of the books, a Jedi used the Force to push a fleet of Star Destroyers away from Yavin IV, and I don't think you'd be able to see them really from the surface of the planet.
Back to top Go down
Terand
Administrator
Administrator
Terand

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:19 pm

I've been brought to believe that all the telekinetic moves such as push, pull, and grip require a line of sight to the object to work. That's why force Blind can be used to affect the accuracy push and even cancel grip.I believe it'd be possible to push a fleet like that without seeing it if you use a wider push, such as Force Wave, since push is basically using pressurized air as a projectile.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:55 pm

I do not think it possible for one's own shield to be his own peril, for the shield just wanders without other movement about him though he move or not. I believe that it what is meant by stationary.

Excruciating detail is no problem for me, only for the lazy. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:45 pm

By "stationary" I thought he meant it stayed in one place. :-/

Richter Belmont wrote:
Excruciating detail is no problem for me, only for the lazy. Razz

Laughing

"There were 14 pebbles littered about on the ground. One of the pebbles was 14.25 inches from Lancer. It weighed exactly .2567 oz and was in the shape of a thumb, except for three small indentations. One of the indentations was facing the ground and was roughly .002316 cm in depth and .003412 cm in width. .00012 cm from the opposite pole was the second indentation. This one was approximately .004513 cm in depth and .004351 cm in width. The third indentation was .021 cm to the southeast of that one and it was .001923 cm in depth and .006212 cm in width, give or take a few hundred thousandths of a cm.

The second pebble was...(etc.)"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Detail.

While being attacked from all directions in a particularly sandy pit in south Zimbabwe, just north of the capital, Dawn Skywalker, spammer extraordinaire, pick up a two by two diameter rock the was slightly purple with several small indents. It was about the size of a small rat. She carefully threw it 2.3 feet through the first enemy's ( who was 7 feet tall waring cloth woven of spider silk gathered in Central America 200 meters out side of the capital of Mexico) skull by twisting it in a manner that it would shatter the hard bone ( For he had a rather thick skull and small brain ).
Back to top Go down
Trever Leingod

Trever Leingod

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Actually, I think the Lightning Shield moves along with you, remaining just around the user.

Guys, I don't think that much detail is needed. Razz That's serious overkill for any grade of RPer. Describing Force Repulsion and Force Magnet in detail would be about the same. While I understand Terand's point of view to some degree, I don't see what the difference is between Repulsion and Magnet - they have the same force, just in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Mark Kenobi

Mark Kenobi

Number of posts : 302

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:38 pm

I like the sound of these powers. Very Happy As long as they are given appropriate limits, I'm fine with them.
Back to top Go down
Lord Belial

Lord Belial

Male Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 pm

In reality, I'm not as interested in Lightning Shield as the ability to fuse Lightning with a Lightsaber (also in the game).

But, I vote yes on both powers anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vegito Rikhard

Vegito Rikhard

Male Number of posts : 1138
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 pm

What do you mean fuse with a lightsaber? How does it fuse?
Back to top Go down
Redack

Redack

Male Number of posts : 369

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 7:50 am

I don't know if you played Force Unleashed so I'll explain how it worked in the game...

While attacking with the lightsaber you can do combos, such as using force push after an attack or whatever... One of them was using lightning with the lightsaber which presumably somehow works by sending lightning along the energy blade- though in reality that's not much use on say your average person where the lightsaber would just cut right through them, it could potentially provide a sort of counter to cortosis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion   Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Force Lightning Shield and Force Repulsion
Page 1 of 1