Jedi Sith Restoration Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jedi Sith Restoration Project

Jedi Sith shall NEVER die!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplaying Rules

Go down 
+2
UseNameSaidInCharacter
Adroit System
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adroit System

Adroit System

Male Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 pm

General Role-Playing Rules

1.) All roleplays must be kept within the Star Wars universe. No Halo shit, no Kingdom Hearts, not Hedgehogs... Star Wars. Period.

2.) While there is no set time line, it is assumed that it takes place after everything canon that has happened.

3.) When it comes to subjects that could be controversial such as torture, rape, pedophilia, excessive gore, etc., please steer clear of it.
You can have torture and gore and such, but it must be kept to a minimum and it cannot be graphic in any way. However, you may not portray rape, pedophilia, etc. in any form.

4.) When you start a thread, be sure you established a sense of beginning. Describe your surroundings including the environment, weather, people, animals, buildings, etc. This will help keep things clear for those who post in the thread.

Character Creation

1.) Your character is not God, he is not immortal and he is not invincible. He is a mortal being. If he loses his hand it will not grow back. He cannot dodge every attack and he cannot instantly kill people. Some characters are simply stronger than others, such as a Sith Lord being more powerful than a Jedi Padawan in the Force. This doesn't mean that the Padawan cannot kill the Sith Lord, but it Force Experience does come into play.

2.) In no way, shape, or form are Mary Sues allowed on this site. Basically, a Mary Sue or a Gary Stue will have had nothing bad happen to them…ever. They’re the perfect characters, almost God-like, and they come into stories as either blessed saviors or dreadful conquerors. Nothing bad will ever happen to them and they will either save the galaxy or take it over, winning every war and every battle that comes their way. The term is also associated with characters who are exceptionally lucky, far beyond what can normally be considered realistic. The good luck may be in such common things as romance (Mary Sue always gets her man), adventure (Mary Sue always wins a fight or knows how to solve the puzzle) and popularity (everyone wants to be around Mary Sue). If there was one word that could sum up the ridiculous amount of power they have, it’d be “uber”.

3.) When making the profile for your character, be sure to make it detailed. A simple profile, even for a new character, is not enough. When posting a profile, it cannot say “does not remember” or anything else of the sort. It must have at least fifty words, but fifty words is nothing. Your history should be at least three to four paragraphs long and “he’s a new character” is not an excuse. Everyone has a back story. They were not simply twiddling their thumbs until they came into the story. NOTE: We do not require profiles per say, but it does help us understand who he or she is. We do, however, ask for profiles on things such as newly arising factions, to help us familiarize ourselves with whatever it is you are wanting to bring in.

4.) Please note that when making your character, he needs to be in the correct timeline.

5.) Please also note that when creating your character’s name, canon names are strongly discouraged. There should be no one named Qel-Droma, Organa, Solo, Katarn or anything else from canon. The galaxy is far too big for the ancestors or descendants of major characters to be running around fighting the bad guys at the same time.

6.) Your character cannot start with a large amount of weapons and armor. He must earn them through time. He may, of course, have inherited things from family members, but please be reasonable when starting out. Every character innately starts with 1o,ooo credits, which they may spend on whatever they wish. To earn more, you may do odd jobs for a company, you may do some Bounty Hunting, or you may earn them through crime, depending on which allignment you are. The sky is the limit, just as long as you don't earn them unfairly.

7.) Jedi and other Force users are the only characters able to fight with a lightsaber with skill. Until the character has been trained by a Jedi or Independent Force users, you cannot use one the right way. There are, however, exceptions to this rule; but to be safe, I would use a vibroblade until you are trained.

8.) You must be a TRAINED JEDI/SITH KNIGHT (not a Padawan/Apprentice) to use a Light Whip. No exceptions, no negotiating.

Battling

1.) If your character is killed in a battle between factions or a fight with other characters, you cannot claim that you were Role-Playing a hologram, clone, illusion, apparition or robot unless that was specified before the commencement of the fight. You must inform your opponent of those circumstances prior to beginning the fight and he must agree with them. If he does not, then you must fight as your character.

2.) Any attack must be able to be countered unless you have approached the end of a duel. You cannot simply walk into a thread and kill someone instantly or destroy a shipyard with a single shot or launch fifty missiles at an enemy ship during their own wedding. Everyone should be given the chance to defend themselves after every move. Whether or not they are able to think of a defense is up to their own imagination.

3.) You cannot destroy entire planets and/or systems. The most damage allowed is for a fleet to unleash a major bombardment of a planet’s surface, though you need a large fleet to inflict such damage. Planets may be destroyed in major storyline events, but this will be rare if at all.

4.) Keep in mind that the Force can be countered by a non-Force user. It's not impossible, but you must be able to think of ways on your own, such as using technology (though it must be canon, or feasible). Boba Fett was able to last quite a long time against Darth Vader. Jango Fett was able to fight Obi-Wan Kenobi and live to tell the tale. It is unlikely, but certainly possible.

The Force

1.) The Force is the greatest power in the galaxy. This will never be questioned.

2.) Characters who use the Force must undergo training from a trained character on the forum. You were not trained by Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine. If you want to be a Jedi or a Sith, you must be trained by someone on the forum. Period.

3.) Everyone must be instructed in the ways of lightsaber combat in order to wield a lightsaber effectively. Just because you may have inherited it from someone does not mean you know how to use it. It takes years to learn how to properly use a lightsaber, so the likelihood of your character having mastered it, let alone learning how to use it, is slim-to-none. If you have come to the Jedi Temple with an inherited lightsaber, you must tell your master at the start of your training either in character or out of character.

4.) You may only use Force Powers in this sites Force Powers list. If you believe one should be added to the list, please consult the Staff.

5.) When using a Force Power in a role-play, you must make it detailed. “He used Force Push” is not an acceptable description.

6.) Just because you are a Jedi does not mean you are invincible. When someone uses a Force Power against you, take appropriate hits. Everything should be kept fair.

7.) You cannot use a Force Power that will cause massive destruction to a wide radius, unless it is NECESSARY to the plot, such as the Dark Lord using a Thought Bomb to spark a war. However, under no circumstances can a power of this magnitude be used to auto-kill a player character. I don't care who you are or how powerful you are, auto-killing is strictly against the rules.

8.) You are not to create your own Force Powers without the consent of the staff.

Fleets and Armies

1.) All Independent Fleets must be applied for. Independent fleets and militaries should be limited to very small numbers and gradually built up over time.

2.) No one may posses a Superweapon of any kind which includes, but is not limited to, Death Stars, Superlasers (unless they are some sort of ground based Ion Canon), Sun Crushers, Galaxy Guns, Darksabers, etc. Large scale explosives may be used on vessels. The only exception to this rule is if you are building a large space station, but it may not contain any of the aforementioned weapons.

3.) No one can completely destroy or cause massive destruction on a planet. The extent of the damage caused to a planet, generally by orbital bombardment, would be the destruction of someone’s facility or the destruction of a city. Occasional shelling of civilian population centers is allowed, so long as it is cleared by the Staff.

4.) Fleets, militaries and the like must be requested like all other items.

Independent Factions

1.) If you wish to create your own Independent Faction, you must make a request in the request. explain it’s purposes, beliefs, etc.

2.) All Independent Factions are able to find their place in one of the following categories: Independent Light Side Factions, Independent Dark Side Factions, Neutral Independent Factions, Independent Bounty Hunter Factions, Independent Mercenary Factions, Other Independent Factions.

3.) All Independent Factions must be approved by the Independent Faction Moderator before they can begin being role-played in the Story board.

4.) You may NOT have ANY NPC Force Users. "Grievous"-style characters are okay, but no NPCs can use the Force, at all. None. Zero. End of story.

Last edited by Ashaiya on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : fix'd)
Back to top Go down
UseNameSaidInCharacter

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Hmmm   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:11 pm

I like how this has been done; just remember, this looks like a small group of people, so if everyone agrees to something together, with consensus or large majority, it's probably not a bad idea to go around the rules. I mean, the rules are so everyone can have fun, and for people to read so they know what the standard is, but all a game like this can ever be is the sum of the people who play it. Rules for rules is dumb.

My two cents, but past that, great job and thank you very much for creating a restoration project.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Male Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm

When will Gametalk 2.0 be online?
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:31 pm

Zanic wrote:

There's no set date.
Back to top Go down
Septerra

Septerra

Female Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Zanic wrote:

I would wager that even if it did come back it wouldn't be better than these boards.

And btw, these are a great set of rules Smile
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Even if Gametalk got back, there's no say in whether JS will still be a board or not. Not to mention the lack of activity would be an enormous set back. I'd much rather stick with these boards where we can organize thngs better and maybe even implement a real news station so that our characters won't be brain dead or automatically know what things are what.

I used to go to a board that had that and it worked quite well. All the militaries could choose to have a combat corespondant or not and the news reporter would be realistic to the point of they'd know the very basics unless someone from the scene told them details.
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:15 pm

I don't remember ever writing those rules.
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:32 pm

I found it in the General Chat board a few days ago, so I decided to move them to News. Think you wrote them up early in this forums days.

Last edited by Ashaiya on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Haha Ket's getting some old timer's memory Wink
Back to top Go down
Adroit System

Adroit System

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:53 am

Well... I guess I remember writing them, but not for this board.
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Hmm then I dunno. Maybe you're becoming an old fart?
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:17 pm

*slaps Mike* Well then... I thought I was rude.
Back to top Go down
Zanic Scorchi

Zanic Scorchi

Male Number of posts : 1068
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:40 pm

You are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:34 am

- -
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Male Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm

NOOBING HERE?
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:01 pm

What?!
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:11 pm

There is no "what".
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm

There is only chocolate, I know I know - -
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm

What I had in mind was "vanilla".
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Too true
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Thou knows it.
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 pm

I compromise with a soft serve swirl of the two >: (
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 pm

I would rather have a neopolitan.
Back to top Go down
Rose Maythorn

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Sorry, what?

I've heard of many ice creams my friend, but this is new.
Back to top Go down
Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavors together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Rules   Roleplaying Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next